Photo: Mohammad Tajsar
Monday, January 11, 2021
10:00-11:30 a.m. Pacific
Join ICUJP and allies online to mark the 19th anniversary of the opening of Guantanamo Bay and the human rights violations and torture it spawned.
At its peak, the illegal detention center at Guantanamo Bay held some 800 men and boys of Muslim faith - most of whom were never charged with a crime. Today, 40 prisoners still languish there.
Let's send a message to President Trump and President-elect Biden:
Close Guantanamo NOW and release all detainees!
End torture NOW and prosecute the torturers and those who authorized them.
- Estee Chandler, Jewish Voice for Peace
- Jim Lafferty, National Lawyers Guild LA
- Shane Que Hee, Out Against War
- Michael Rapkin, Guantanamo Bar
- Clive Stafford Smith, Reprieve UK
- Shakeel Syed, former director, Islamic Shura Council
- Mohammad Tajsar, ACLU of Southern California
- And other friends
- Music by Stephen L. Fiske and Fidel Sanchez
Thank you to our event sponsors and endorsers!
National Religious Campaign Against Torture
ACLU of Southern California • Anti-racist Action - LA • CODEPINK LA • Council on American-Islamic Relations • Courage to Resist • Defending Rights and Dissent • Guantanamo Bar • Martin Luther King Coalition of Greater Los Angeles • National Lawyers Guild LA • No More Guantanamos • Out Against War • Physicians for Social Responsibility-LA • St. Camillus Center
Los Angeles, CA
Google map and directions