With very special guests
Rev. James Lawson
Rachael Worby, Artistic Director and Creator, MUSE/IQUE
Saturday, September 11 • 4:00 - 6:00 pm Pacific time
Twenty years ago, only days after the devastating 9/11 attacks, the late Rev. George F. Regas brought together Christians, Jews, Muslims, Quakers, humanists and people of many other faiths and beliefs to found Interfaith Communities United for Justice and Peace. Acutely aware that this dire moment posed a grave threat to peace and justice, George knew instinctively that peacemakers needed to create a place to gather, organize, pray, and act together united by the fundamental principle that Religious Communities Must Stop Blessing War and Violence.
You are warmly invited to join us in person or online, 4:00-6:00 pm Pacific time to celebrate ICUJP's 20th Anniversary, honoring Rev. Regas's life and legacy. The celebration will include the 2021 George F. Regas Courageous Peacemaker Awards, recognizing people and organizations whose work exemplifies Rev. Regas's principles of peace and justice. (Please note that at the in-person event, we will strictly adhere to all COVID restrictions required by the Pasadena Public Health Department and the CDC at that time.)
We're thrilled to honor:
U.S. Representative Judy Chu, D-CA-27
for her ongoing commitment to justice and peace
In addition, we will honor the following organizations for their efforts in serving and advocating for people impacted by the Covid pandemic:
- All Saints Episcopal Church, Pasadena
- Black-Jewish Justice Alliance
- Clergy & Laity United for Economic Justice (CLUE)
- Friends Committee on National Legislation CA Advocacy Team
- Housing Works
- ILM Foundation
- Immanuel Presbyterian Food Pantry
- Muslim Public Affairs Council (MPAC)
- National Religious Campaign Against Torture
- NewGround: A Muslim-Jewish Partnership for Change
- Poor People's Campaign
- St. Mark's Lutheran Church/Sola Community Peace Center
Two Ways to Join the Event
1. In-person program and reception: Admission tickets are available for a donation of $25 or more. Please be as generous as you can to help underwrite scholarships for those who cannot afford a ticket. (To request a scholarship, based on limited availability, please email Daryn Kobata, Director of Communications and Special Events.)
2. Live streamed: Watch the free online event. Details coming soon.
Become an Event Co-sponsor
We also invite you or your organization to become an event co-sponsor. Choose from several packages; each includes admission ticket(s) to the in-person event and an ad or listing in the online and print tribute books. Please visit the co-sponsorship page for details, and purchase packages on the Tickets page.
If you have questions about co-sponsorships or admission tickets, please email Daryn Kobata. Again, we hope you can join us one way or the other to celebrate Rev. Regas and these inspiring peacemakers who continue his legacy. Thanks very much for your generous support!
On behalf of ICUJP's Board of Directors,
132 N Euclid Ave
Pasadena, CA 91101-1722
Google map and directions